Welcome to All,

I bid you, Dear Friends, come across my threshold with a light heart and a listening ear. Please join me with a cup of tea, enjoy my needle work and listen to my tales of Blackstone. The cottage is 300years old and is now part of the main house, it is my favorite place. The studio is above the stables and dear Kip, my black cat, keeps me company as I dream and sew. I am truly a lover of past times, you will see this as I add pictures of my work. Please visit often, you are always welcome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







Tuesday, April 6

Today is Tuesday, two days after a wonderful Easter. My father has been in a work related accident, even though he is 81 he still worked full time. A large box fell on him and he has a few broken bones. He made it through surgery and has spent the last 2 weeks in a rehab hospital. He has done very well and will be going home tomorrow.
So, my father was in the hospital over Easter, my family could not even consider celebrating without him. We brought Easter to him. We packed up a large buffet, folding tables, chairs, Easter baskets and grandchildren and great grandchild. The weather cooporated, the trees were blooming and we set up a picnic on the beautiful grounds of the facility. I hid eggs for the little one, we cracked eggs and laughed, ate homemade peanut butter eggs and lots of good food. I can say it was probably one of the best Easters yet.
We are so greatful my father has recovered so well and he is going to be alright and back to normal soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your Father, but happy to hear he is on the mend!
    What a beautiful way your family celebrated their love for each other for Easter~ very touching & special...

    Blessed be!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you celebrated your Easter. What a lovely story. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete