Welcome to All,

I bid you, Dear Friends, come across my threshold with a light heart and a listening ear. Please join me with a cup of tea, enjoy my needle work and listen to my tales of Blackstone. The cottage is 300years old and is now part of the main house, it is my favorite place. The studio is above the stables and dear Kip, my black cat, keeps me company as I dream and sew. I am truly a lover of past times, you will see this as I add pictures of my work. Please visit often, you are always welcome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







Thursday, January 1

To Bring Them Home

In the past few months I have found myself drawn to folk heroes and the music that tells these tales. Coal miners, itinerant farmers, homesteaders, men who worked the rails and their families. These people are the salt of the earth and their stories untold. I will tell these stories by sewing folk characters and giving each of them a life tale. Some patterns I have found among the work of some very talented artists and some will come from my heart, inspired by story and song. Please enjoy them as I present them to you. Some of my photos are rough but they will get better I promise.
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . . . . I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad an'-I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when our folks eat the stuff they raise an' live in the houses they build-why, I'll be there." Tom Joad, The Grapes of Wrath

No comments:

Post a Comment